The Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation-Behavior™ (FIRO-B®) assessment helps answer questions relating to teamwork and leadership potential. The FIRO-B® assessment can be used to cultivate highly effective teams by helping team members discover how their needs for inclusion, control, and affection form their team's success.
Easy to administer with just 54 items, this powerful tool has helped people around the world better understand their behavior and the impact it has on other individuals and in team settings. The tool offers critical insights that help leaders, managers, and individuals in organizations understand their natural style and the impact it has on the way they communicate and the way others perceive them.
Applications: the insights provided by the FIRO-B® assessment can be used to improve communication, team building, development, leadership, and coaching.
Versions: Online, Paper-based
Administration time: 20 minutes
How it Helps?
The FIRO assessments are ideal for a wide range of applications, including the following:
The FIRO-B® & FIRO Business instruments generate a wide range of reports that can be customized per your need and budget.
- Leadership Report Using the FIRO-B® and MBTI®: Explores a person's leadership and communication styles.
- FIRO-B® Profile: Provides a basic summary of FIRO-B® scores. Download
- FIRO-B® Interpretive Report: Interprets results in terms of team and organizational effectiveness. Download
- FIRO Business Profile: Developed specifically for use in business environments and ideal for leadership development. Download
- FIRO Business Leadership Report: Provides insight into communication styles and behavior that affect leadership performance. Download
The FIRO-B™ is ideally suited to:
Team building and team development: Identifying likely sources of compatibility or tension; identifying leadership style; aiding effective decision making; improving communication, openness, and trust; and resolving conflicts
Individual development: Increasing self-awareness and interpersonal effectiveness as part of the coaching process, career development or personal growth
Relationship Counselling: Identifying and resolving possible sources of incompatibility and dissatisfaction
Selection and placement: The FIRO-B tool can help to structure interviews and assess likely team roles or interpersonal behavior, but only in combination with other assessment techniques.
Why FIRO-B is Popular?
The FIRO assessments are trusted tools because of they: